The Albergs full keel helps it handle wind and waves like a much larger boat. It’s fully trailerable (~3800lbs) so it can be taken to different sailing destinations. The trailer has an extension tongue to help launch at shallower ramps.
The photos in this ad are from spring/summer 2020. The boat was fully redone in the early/mid 2000s. Electrical was never completed so it currently doesn’t have wiring to the lights. The fuse panel was updated so wiring just needs to be run if you want power to lights. Wouldn’t be a big job I just never needed power. We used head lamps and LED battery powered anchor light.
The boat is fully ready to sail and includes:
- 2008 Cradle Ride, 2 Axle Trailer (fully serviced this fall)
- 1978 Evinrude Outboard 7.5hp (Serviced spring of 2019)
- 100% Jib (Original Good Condition)
- 135% Jib (Original Well Used)
- Jib Roller Furling
- 100% Main Sail (New in 2000, Good Condition)
- Main Sail Cover (Poor Condition, need new zipper and clasps)
- Anchor and rope (Good Condition)
- All rigging and mooring lines (Good condition)
- V-Berth and Galley Cushions (Fair Condition)
- Origo 1500 Alcohol Stove
- Thetford Porta Potti 735
- Miscellaneous: Extra ropes, VHF Radio, old depth finder, old knot meter, spare rigging parts, spare electrical parts, paddles, old spare life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc
All boats need annual maintenance. If you own a boat you know you’ll spend almost as much time working on them as you do sailing them. To ensure transparency with this sale here is some work that needs to be done:
- Teak needs to be cleaned and oiled annually (should be oiled twice a season if possible)
- A couple bolts on deck are leaking and should be re-bedded.
- Caulking along teak trim and around chain plates should be redone to prevent leaks.
- Needs a fresh bottom coat antifouling paint (Interlux Fiberglass Bottomknote Racing Bronze)
- One thru-hull has a very, very, slow leak. You can go a whole season without pumping the bilge but it does exist and will need to be re-bedded one day.
Detailed yacht information
|Name of sailboat
||Nye Yachts (CAN)
|Boat design category
|Type of hull
|Material of hull
|Length at Waterline
|Number of engines
||Evinrude Outboard 7.5hp
|Engines power (overall)
Sailboat mentions in the blog