Fully equipped for blue water cruising, sailing yacht SAMSARA (dim. 11.90m × 3.90m × 1.85m) IS FOR SALE.
I just hauled her out for annual maintenance purposes, to paint new antifouling, install new zinc anodes and new depthsounder.
NOW SHE IS READY TO GO CRUISING AGAIN!
Besides Her age of almost 40 years, She proved to have hull in perfect condition, with no need to touch in the near future!
Most of the hull still have original paints and protective layers, covering GALVANIZED, marine grade steel!
She is sound and built very strong in famous German shipyard Gerdes, with loads of shiny stainless steel, all around.
Some of extra features that needs highlighting:
- stainless steel rail all around the yacht, very safe and good looking
- stainless steel boom for main sail, massive piece of rigging, build to sustain the worst weather conditions
- lazarette, large storage locker accesible from aft deck and finished with stainless steel plates.
- mast steps
- well oversized, very reliable, durable and economic engine, in great condition - 85 horse power Perkins 4.236 with new hydraulic transmisión ZF63
- great stability during sailing and ability to stay on course by herself for extended periods.
- oversized anchor and new chain.
- windlass operable also from the cockpit, very helpful when you're cruising single-handed.
- general layout set for single-handed.
White, s-shaped steel hull with blue striping, steel deck and superstructure. Long keel, center cockpit ketch, designed by. H.Lemstra in Amsterdam, built in 1983 by Gerdes Yachtwerft, Germany.
Fast, safe and comfortable - CARENA 40 is categorized as Ocean Racer/Cruiser. In fact, she is perfect passage-maker and live aboard. Last year I sailed her across, from Panama to Spain ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2rkgkoX0ELv2XWfnPOdAY5_wgmOHIOmYStIMAGQU3RfhH2-mCLZOvA6Bk&feature=youtu.be&v=-LQJNkccR7s )
I am the third owner (6 years now), know the history of the boat and have all the papers, including shipyard certificates and first registration.
The boat was hauled out first time by me in 2017 for total restoration. She got all new paints (including the masts), I dropped the rudder and made new bushings out or brass as there was little play, after 35 years. Also I pulled out the propeller and shaft to replace all brass bushings and oil seals in the system. She got new transmission and flexible coupling.
Next haul out for bottom paint job was in 2018 and most recent in October 2020.
Each time I survey the hull with ultrasonic gauge and it is in a perfect shape!!!
In 2019, before Atlantic crossing she got many upgrades, including back up Power System, new hardtop with rain collector and extra sails, to name a few.
Samsara is strongly built and comes with full wardrobe of 14 sails. Rigging was professionally surveyed in 2019 and is approved for ocean passages.
There is a lot of storage space, functional and ergonomic galley, large bathroom with shower. The saloon headroom is 2.15m and sofas are 2.4m long!
Water capacity approx: 400 liter, (4x100) + 100 l in jerry jugs
Diesel capacity approx: 400 liter (20 liter day tank) + 100 l in jerry jugs
A walk-through video available here:
Boat location: Algeciras, Spain
Registry flag: Polish
Home Port: Gdynia
EU VAT paid